Monday, November 21, 2011

Angels

As promised I have finished my angel pages in my journal and also the painting. I like doing the online courses, it gives me ideas on what to paint as well as teaching me new things.

The inspiration this week for M3 on Willowing was Alphonse Mucha. I have long admired his paintings and have used some of them in my crafts before I knew who he was.  I think his clean, soft style is closest to mine.


This was my first attempt in my journal. I was playing around with the layout, colours and the pattern in the frame. After it was finished I decided I didn't like the halo behind her head.


Then I decided to make the background more like a Mucha image with a lot more detail. I wanted to use Australian plants to make it more like my painting rather than a copy of Mucha's work so I painted some Eucalyptus leaves and blossoms with Kangaroo Paws on the ground. I liked the way they looked so they became part of the finished painting. 

 
I was very happy with the final piece. It is a watercolour. It is hard to see in the photo but the gold paint is quite shiny. I also painted the wings with white H2Os so they shine as well. I am going to frame this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment