Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Art Journalling with words

For week 7 of Book of Days the journal prompt was: what brings you joy? and the challenge was to use words. I was inspired by this challenge and got out a whole bunch of different alphabets from my scrapbooking stash to use. I went to a new home improvement store the same day and was looking at the vast array of wonderful looking paint chips thinking I would love to use these blocks of colour somehow. As I looked closer I noticed the wonderful names of the colours like: apple cake, chocolate dream and summer raindrop. They are things that bring me joy so I collected a big bunch of chips to use in my journal.


When I got home I worked out the size I needed to make a grid pattern and cut the paint chips to fit. I laid them out on my page and started to dry emboss them with my Cuttlebug machine.


After I had embossed them all, I sanded some of them to make the designs stand out more and glued them into my journal with gel medium. I added the tape down the middle because the paint chips were catching on each other when I closed the book. Next I wanted to unify them a bit more so I sprayed them with pink and purple sprays. I let that dry then stuck on the words using the scrapbooking letters. I used alcohol markers to change some of the letter colours before putting them on the page. I wanted to stay with blue/purple colours. I used the cuttlebug to cut out some gold butterflies and sprayed them too before sticking them down. I really like the way the page turned out.

Things that bring me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment