Monday, February 6, 2012

Journal Page

Today I am sharing my latest art journal page for the Book of Days course. The prompt this time was "something you need to tell yourself" and the challenge was to include an envelope on the page. After I watched the videos I also wanted to include a napkin on my layout like Effy did during the week.

I didn't have any fancy napkins (well I think I do have some but I just couldn't find where I have put them, lol) so I used coloured tissue wrapping paper instead. It is sort of the same thing. I gessoed the page and then glued the tissue paper on with watered down PVA glue. I hadn't tried this glue before so I wanted to see what it would be like to work on top of.


Next I used Lumiere brand metallic paint to fill in the rest of the page. I then stamped some gold acrylic paint on top with a swirl stamp. It is hard to see in the photo. I also stencilled on some stars with gesso.


At this stage the paint still looked very streaky so I sprayed the page with pink and yellow sprays for a more uniform look. I added a little green contrast paint using corrugated card to stamp with. I used a pocket instead of an envelope and put a postcard inside. The pocket was coloured with distress inks and decorated with some sequined braid. Then I edged the page with purple ink and used the same colour to stamp the quote and glued that in. I then drew the border and outlines with purple pencil to unify the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment