Monday, March 19, 2012

Life Book week 11

Last week was a quiet week of the Life Book art journal. We were not given a specific task other than to try and use stencils on our journal page. A lot of people chose to do a face like the inspiration piece. I chose instead to use a quote as my inspiration. I had seen a great Zentangle inspired landscape piece on Trish's Artistic Adventures blog a little while ago and it had stuck in my mind. I wanted to do a lemon tree so I decided to do a similar landscape using the stencils instead of the doodling. I am quite happy with the way it turned out.


I used a swirl stencil for the sky but as I wanted the swirls to be white I used the stencil like a stamp. I inked it up, then spritzed it with water and pressed it onto the watercolour paper. I like the soft look it has compared to the rigid line drawing.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this. Did you use stencils for each of the ground segments too? This is fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. Yes I did use the stencils for the ground.

      Delete