Thursday, July 12, 2012

Art journaling...

Art journaling has taken over my creative time at the moment. At the start of the year I decided I was going to take a lot of online classes this year to learn new techniques because there are no real life classes like that on offer where I live. I have been so busy with them that I have not done any other creative work. I don't think that is a bad thing but I don't know where this will all lead. At the moment 21 Secrets is the class I am most interested in.

The other day I did a workshop there run by Tracie Hanson. She is an amazing artist and I love the look of her work. Her lesson was very well put together and I finally used black outlines in a piece that I am happy with. I have always struggled with using a lot of black in my art, it usually looks wrong to me.


This page is acrylics with black pencil outline and oil pastel details. Not my usual style but an interesting idea. It still needs some words but I can't decide yet what they are.


Lots of birds came out on this page. There is some sort of story here but I haven't found it yet. I do like this style of art and will do it again, maybe even on a canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment