Sunday, July 8, 2012

Creativity unleashed.

I have been very productive lately. I think I am making up for all the days at the start of the year when I didn't do much art. I will share my latest Life Book pages today and some of the other work I have been doing later in the week.


This first page is an eagle shaman. I don't really like borrowing parts of other people's religions (for example, totem animals, karma, shaman, goddesses etc) and there has been quite a bit of that on Life Book. I think that is why so many people struggle with the lessons. I am doing Life Book for the art only so I ignore the religion part if I can but for this lesson I really liked the eagle mask on the girl so I stuck with it this time. I used acrylics, watercolor crayons, pencils and marker for this piece.


This next page was a lesson by Tam the Life Book creator. I find side profiles really hard to draw and took a long time to get this one right. I don't think I will be racing out to do another one any time soon, lol. The background was done by laying stencils onto the page then spraying with dye inks. I did it twice, the second time using glimmer mist. I liked the way it looked so I didn't do anything on top of that. The girl is acrylics and pencils. I used a computer font to copy for the writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment