Saturday, December 1, 2012

I am back :-)

 Hello friends.  Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I had the arm/wrist surgery and recovery was a lot slower than I thought it would be. I didn't realize I would be so restricted in what I could do after I got the cast off. I had very little movement in my wrist and no strength at all, so sitting at the computer typing for any length of time was not something I could do. I did manage to do some art while I was relaxing, even a little bit when I was temporarily left handed.These pages are from the Life Book course.


This first page was taught by Connie Hozvicka who does fearless painting. It was a fun page to do and because I was doing it with one hand I had to tape the page down to keep it still while I worked on it. I applied molding paste to the page for texture then painted it with acrylics. I dipped my hand in paint then stamped that onto the page, filling in missed areas with a paint brush. I used a stencil and sprays to make the pattern. The background is lumiere metallic paints and a few simple daisies. I was very surprised how much I could do with one hand and it helped me see I should keep going.


This next Life Book page was a lesson with Guadalupe Cabal. It was drawing a mandala using rulers and compasses. Again it was a lesson I could do left handed, using weights to hold the ruler in place. I would probably do more shading if I did one with my right hand but I am happy with the way this one turned out.


The next lesson was with Tam who runs Life Book. I collaged paper and material onto the page then embellished it with some machine and hand stitching. The bird is a print of a watercolour I did a couple of years ago. I printed it onto the calico back of a piece of canvas. The flowers didn't stand out at first so I filled them in with pan pastels. It was a fun experimental page and the last one I had to do left handed because it was the week my plaster cast was changed to a plastic one that allowed me to start using my right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment