Monday, July 15, 2013

Life Book 2013 update

I have been catching up with some of the lessons for Life Book over the last few weeks.  You can click on any of the photos if you want to see them larger.


 A lesson with Shiloh, about painting your muse. I didn't think much of the artwork for this lesson so I used the techniques demonstrated to paint my version of one of her other paintings.  I used acrylics and a little pencil for this one.


This lesson was with Effy Wild. I painted my tree a little more whimsical than the one Effy did. I did an ICAD with a similar layout so that inspired me here. I am quite happy with the way my art journal writing is developing.  


 This lesson was with Dion Dior. We used Twinkling H2Os to do some flowers. You can't see the sparkle they make in the photo but the whole page shimmers.


A lesson with Tam from Willowing. She had a rabbit on her page but I wanted to draw one of the magpies that have been coming to greet us at the front door. It was too dark so I turned it into a bluebird instead. I like these mixed media pages.


A Kelly Hoernig lesson.  This one was a lot of fun and one of the few Life Book lessons where I have actually copied the artist. It was acrylics and pencil.


This lesson was with Joann Loftus. I did go my own way for this one because I was too lazy to cut out all the collage pieces like we were supposed to. I used some paper I made earlier in the year for another lesson on the silhouette. The background is acrylics that were still wet when I used a stencil and dylusions white spray. It made some of the white blend with the purples. After it had dried I really liked the effect so I didn't add much more to the piece, just a very small quote.

Halfway through the year with the lessons now and I know I won't be doing the class again. I don't think there is anything wrong with the lessons, but I feel like I have moved on with my skills now and am not learning anything new. I want to try more advanced art work.  I would still recommend the course if you are a beginner, or you want to try out a lot of different teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment