Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week 4 Index card a day.

The theme for this week was rainbow.  I decided to do one of the colours of the rainbow on each day. I started the week using twinkling H20s so I also used them all week to.


Prompt Beach umbrella. After I sketched and colored the umbrellas I sprayed the bottom of the card with water to make it run.


Prompt - Star Wars.  I used a stencil for the stars in the background and lightly sprayed them with water. I outlined the writing with white gel pen. 


Prompt - brown.  My favorite brown food and drink are coffee and chocolate. 


Prompt - maple leaf.  I used a gardening book to sketch some maple leaves then colored them with the paints. I only sprayed a few spots this time. 


Prompt - magnifying glass.  


Prompt - album cover. 


Prompt - robot. 

Some people doing ICAD are having trouble with the prompts. I like the prompts because usually I get an idea after a couple of minutes.  If I don't, then I think of something else to do.  If you want to join the fun with the prompts visit the Daisy Yellow website. 

Art prompts are meant to inspire but they don't always work for everyone.  If that is the case then find what does inspire you and use that to get creative. Maybe a walk outside will make you want to use flowers, birds or trees in your next project.  Keep a notebook handy so when you see something you want to try, you can write it down and remember next time you are blocked.  Have fun getting creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment