Sunday, January 4, 2015

Post Christmas painting.

After a couple of hectic days of preparing and celebrating Christmas I usually like to spend the following day relaxing in my studio and doing a little painting. This year I got out a canvas and did one of the patterns I have been saving.


It is a Monika Brint pattern from an old Quick and Easy painting magazine (2007). I love her designs and sometimes it is nice to have the drawing already done by someone else. All the painting instructions come with the pattern and I mostly followed them except I wanted a blue sky. If you think want to learn to paint all the instructions that come with decorative painting patterns is a good place to start. Any one of the magazines or online sites will have many types of patterns you could try, from beginners to more experienced artists. That is how I started many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment