Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Fabric journal pages

I mentioned that over the Christmas break I did some more journal pages for my fabric books. Today I am sharing some of them.


 This was an old cross stitch wall hanging that I took down but didn't want to throw it away. I put fray stop around the edge of the cross stitch where I wanted to cut it down and left it to dry. I cut the border off that I didn't want and stitched it to a textile background. I added a few of my Prisme experiments and a bit of hand stitching among the gold table runner piece at the bottom. 


 This page is centered around the fabric paper experiment that I shared last year. I stitched it to a larger background and added beads.


I made this page after watching a Quilting Arts video about using tea bags in textile art. I traced some stamp images onto the tea bags and colored them with Neocolor II crayons. I then added machine stitching and a little handwork. 


This page is a 2016 Workshop on the Web lesson by Ro Bruhn. I did my childhood home, my first home with my husband and our current home. I also included some of our cars. I was going to add figures of the families but I did the houses too small and the people would have been too tiny to see.


This page is using the forest floor technique I shared last year. I added a few beads and a little hand stitching for veins in the leaves. I found a quote that fit nicely around the outside. It hasn't photographed well but you get the idea.

I have a few more pages to share and soon the video of how to put the book together. I have finished the filming but there is a lot of editing to do. I have no idea how long that will take but I expect it will be within a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment