Thursday, April 6, 2017

Colour me positive

I have been doing a bit of art journaling for the Colour me Positive challenge at Lulu art. The link is in the sidebar if you want to get more details of the challenge. There is a weekly prize offered for one of the people who upload their creations to Facebook.  I have been enjoying doing more art journaling again.


Week 5 - The challenge this week was a funny quote about body image. I chose this quote because I recently lost a lot of weight and body image has been on my mind often. I used small stickers I had painted previously for embellishments over printed papers. It was a very quick page to do. 


 Week 6 - Acrylics for background and underpainting hands, then stamped texture (blue). I used coloured pencils to add the detail to the painted hands and feet.


 Week 7 - I made a patchwork of painted papers for his shell then stitched them together on my machine. The sky was painted then covered with plastic wrap and left to dry to create the texture. The path is painted tissue paper.


 Week 8 - I wanted to add a flap to my page this week so I could show one of my early portraits compared to a newer one. I got a little carried away with the white pen. The two faces were printed photos of previous work that I glued in.

 
This shows the opened page. I used acrylic paint, some rub ons and a lot of white pen.

4 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Wendy...so beautiful!!!
    Happy PPF!!!

    BTW...you did great with the white pen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful creative flare . . . unique and lovely.
    Have a happy weekend,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. I hope your weekend is a happy one too.

      Delete