Friday, December 22, 2017

52 week Colour me positive challenge.

I am very sorry that I have not been very prompt about updating my blog this year. My husband has just retired and it has been a huge adjustment for both of us. I will be posting a lot more regularly next year but it is likely to be more textile based projects as that is my main focus now. Today I am sharing a few more art journal pages that I have done for the CMP challenge.
 Week 32 is mostly collage. The boat and waves are collage but the sun is painted on. I do like simple, clean design a lot. Not every mixed media piece of art has to look grungy or messy.

 Week 33 was a doodle page. I used spray inks to create the background then just doodled all over it. I do enjoy this type of mindless doodling.

Week 34 was inspired by a clock I saw when I was traveling. It is painted with watercolour and sketched with a black pen. 

 Week 35 is a tile collage. I cut squares of paper out and stuck them to the page. I added a few other items for decoration and drew on some stitched lines. 

Week 36 is my least favorite page this year. I tried to do a textile collage substituting  paper instead of fabric but I don't think it worked as well as it would have if I had used fabric. 

Week 37 is yet another collage, this time from torn papers. I used a previously painted background. 

 Week 38 was inspired by the photo of the cup of coffee. I challenged myself to use really bright colours.

 Week 39 is not really following the prompt. My husband and I went to a flower festival and I wanted to sketch some of the amazing blooms we saw. I colored them with Polychromos pencils.

 Week 40 was done on flocked paper. It is a type of fuzzy scrapbook paper from my stash. I sketched the shoes on a piece of blue painted paper and cut them out for this page.

Week 41 has paper napkins for the background collage. I then stenciled on paint and added cut out numbers and cheesecloth for texture. I have been enjoying the challenge this year, it has got me painting again. In the next post I will share more pages then I have made a video of how I put these separate pages together into a book that I will share soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment